Maya Benowitz tweeted about an ambitious new open source program titled, “On the Origins of the Universe and the Nature of the Cosmological Singularity.” That title caught my eye as well as the open source project, because NPQG is also open source. So, I went to github and joined the project and made a few contributions to the forum. I’ve included those below.
Hi Maya and future community members,
My name is Mark. I wish to apply to be in this community because I think I can offer the treasure map to the physical implementation of nature and I think this may dovetail and map to the ontology of the theory and mathematics you are working to build. Since GR and QM offer no implementation, even if you were to replace GR and QM, you would still lack a physical implementation.
- What do I mean by treasure map? I may have sleuthed out a missed opportunity during the classical to quantum transition.
- It seems only one to one mappings of point charges were considered for the electron and the hydrogen nucleus (H+, i.e. a proton).
- Neutrons (0 charge) and Quarks (-2/3, -1/3, +1/3, +2/3 charges) were not yet known, nor were the rest of the standard model.
- The treasure map says “Assembly architecture buried here!“
- I may have found a solution to nature with magnitude |e/6| point charges.
- The point charges would have a universal constant speed for their spherically expanding potential emission.
- The point charges would follow a continuous path through Euclidean time and 3D space, modeled as R4.
- These point charges would have no speed limit, but in practicality, high speed individual point charges are likely to cause reactions with assemblies they pass near to on their path. I imagine the outcome like a particle shower in a collider.
- However, a point charge in a tight orbital loop with its equal and opposite point charge could very well exceed field speed.
- Lastly, I am thinking the point charges are immutable, either through asymptotic safety (at their level) or passing through the same R4 point. In other words, no annhilation. No creation. Point charges just are. This area could be re-examined, but it seems to work for now to at least get us to the implementation level under GR and QM.
I can show how this parsimonious model yields assemblies that map extremely well to general relativity and the standard model, and go further to resolve many open questions and paradoxes. The point charge assembly model makes it very easy to visualize what is really going on at the lowest levels, and you also get provenance of point charges, so you can model or simulate the path each one travels.
I’ll make a post providing some more of my ideas around point charge assemblies and also how I would map that architecture to Maya’s paper abstract — because I think it is fascinating to see the correspondences.
I think this qualifies as superdeterminism, but in practicality there is only one field and it is the superposition of all emitted potential spheres from all time, so there is always going to be this floating ground that can impact local reactions.
Hi, I’m Mark. In my introduction, above, I described sleuthing out a missed opportunity to consider a point charge assembly architecture during the classical to quantum transition. I’ll pick up with some more ideas beyond what I said in the intro, and then attempt to map the assembly architecture to Maya’s abstract.
The universe appears to be described by a single evolution equation in which the continuous path of every point charge is continually adapting to the potential spheres it is intersecting. It is possible those spheres can be ones the point charge emitted in its own path history if its speed has since exceeded field speed. This idea of point charge speed outpacing its own potental emission leads to a self-action realm of dynamical geometry that I think may be unexplored. And it is absolutely wild, if you think about it. When point charge speed equals field speed appears to map to the sought after symmetry breaking point which I think may also correspond to the solution to the UV catastrophe and the peak of Plancks Law curve.
I’ll now try to map Maya’s abstract to the point charge assembly model.
I assume quantum mechanics applies to the entire universe and solve the Schrödinger equation exactly.Maya Benowitz’s paper abstract
If this is true, then the point charge evolution equation would map to this Schrödinger equation.
I make three fundamental assumptions:
- that the wave function of the universe exists (Everett’s principle),
Point charge theory doesn’t have the concept of collapse of the wave function. Instead, we know the actual mechanism. Long story short, but orbiting point charge dipoles appear to change radius and frequency as they transfer h-bar(s) of angular momentum. Changing those two aspects of the dynamical geometry will certainly be observed as a different wave function.
- that the universe has zero-total energy (Guth’s principle),
I don’t think zero total energy is right, but maybe examining the detail will reveal the mapping. In point charge theory there is a spatial density I of point charges and a spatial density II of the energy (PE and KE) they carry.
- and that the form of the laws of physics remain unchanged on all scales (Turok’s principle).
Yep. One equation. Same laws of physics everywhere.
The observational consequences are carefully worked out, and among them is a shocking conclusion: quantum gravity has no separation of scale.
Point charge theory doesn’t require renormalization even though sub-assemblies have energy, radii, and frequency at vastly different scales.
The problem of time is resolved by a flat space holographic duality between a timeless theory in Euclidean 3-space without a spin-2 field and an emergent theory in 3 + 1 spacetime dimensions with a spin-2 field.
I would map time to the universal constant rate of expansion of the spherical point charge emission of potential in Euclidean time and 3D space (R4). I’m not sure how to map this to the abstract but the issue may be the implementation of Einstein’s spacetime with Higgs cluster assemblies.
The unitary evolution of the wave function of the universe explains the microscopic origins of spacetime, matter, black holes, dark energy, and the Bekenstein-Hawking area entropy law.
Energetic point charges following paths according the the evolution equation implement nature and the universe via an assembly architecture : spacetime, matter, black holes. Dark energy appears to map to the energy in an assembly that is shielded by a dynamical superposition. If the point charges in the core of a black hole reach Planck energy, I think theoretically the point charge core could drop to zero entropy, one microstate, and zero temperature. An ultimate high energy freeze. Whether that state is ever actually reached is unknown, but now we can certainly imagine that point charges may in some conditions breach the confines of the black hole, possibly via polar jets that also combine with accretion disk flows, or it may be that black holes emit spacetime aether.
Among the observable consequences is a spectacular prediction: black holes are dark energy composite objects, implying a cosmological coupling that violates the separation of scales.
Yes, black holes contain a tremendous amount of energy shielded by superposition. Furthermore, the nested tri-dipole Noether cores at the heart of every standard matter particle, will decay at very high energy, and since the three dipoles are at different energy scales, that could account for the “violation”.
In summary, I think we can begin to imagine these mappings to and from point charge assemblies with varying degrees of clarity.
J Mark Morris : Boston : Massachusetts